RETURN TO WEBSITE: Click Image. (Artwork: Igor Glushkin)

Monday, December 6, 2010

Pride Goes Before the Fall

Last week, I worked hard on the Half-Elven site.  My critique session with a professional computer guru gave me all sorts of insights on how to do the keywords.  I had them in the text, but not in the proper search slot.

The new picture of Mariah and Renna came in.  I learned how to cut out thumb-nail pictures and applied them on the website pages.

Oh, I was feeling soooooo good and pleased with myself.  I'd even corrected all the typos I could notice.

Then, I decided to reformat Renna's page so I could have two columns of links to the various "gossip sessions"  since I've given up on full-blown short stories as a way to add new content to the website.

The screaming and gnashing of teeth you heard last Saturday night was me.  I deleted all the the changes I worked so hard on all last week.  I even managed to delete the website page leading into Renna's Half-Elven Tales so I can't find it to restore.  *^#_@%*!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh No! I hate when things like that happen. Computers are so tricky for me too. Thanks for stopping by the blog today.
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, fantasy author

    ReplyDelete
  2. The good news -- It only took a fraction of the time to get it all back up. I guess I managed to learn something.

    ReplyDelete